Website Roebbelen Contracting, Inc.
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career.
Roebbelen currently is undergoing a surge of successful growth and seeks talented individuals like you, people that share our commitment to our clients and quality. We are currently looking for a Asset/ Move Project Manager to join our Southern California Operations. The position of Asset/ Move Project Manager will support the Furniture/ Equipment/ Relocation Project Management Services with emphasis in FF&E selection, procurement coordination and purchasing for all such areas as identified by the District to provide college the FF&E and move-in/relocations management services. This versatile position is a combination of duties of a relocation project manager (RPM) and construction project engineer position (PE).
- Ideal Asset/ Move Project Manager candidates will possess 5+ years of experience in Interior Design, Construction, Engineering, Moves/Relocations, Facilities, or Furniture, Fixture and Equipment coordination/ procurement.
- Coordinate with Procurement to manage the purchasing of all FF&E using best-value and/or low bid public contracting.
- Work with the CPD, Project Architects (A/E) team, Manager of Relocation Project Management team, and Building User Groups (BUG) to identify project scope, budget, schedule, and FF&E requirements. Tour college to gain detailed knowledge about the Master Plan of all new and renovated buildings and the sequencing of projects.
- Identify potential swing space needed and coordinate with college to secure space and remove space from college availability per project schedule. Work with CPD to develop scope of work for any construction or FF&E required for swing space.
- Coordinate with A/E team and/or college personnel to assess and identify whether existing furniture and equipment will be relocated and reused.
- Attend weekly project meetings to work with project team including Project Architects (A/E), Project Managers, contractors, and BUGs, to ensure the preparation of accurate FF&E specification, furniture layouts and FF&E lists of both new and reuse of existing furniture.
- Review all programming, design and construction documents and work with the A/E to ensure electrical/data/infrastructure/utility requirements/anchoring details are coordinated between the various FF&E vendors to assure proper functionality for new and relocated FF&E. Work with the BUG to plan relocation of existing furniture and equipment to the new location.
- Work closely with the CPD and project team to ensure project FF&E and Move budget and schedule are met. Provide value engineering efforts as needed to stay within allotted budget.
- Coordinate scheduling logistics to ensure timely and successful FF&E delivery, installation and punch-list sign-off and transition during swing space, relocation and/or move-in projects.
- Coordinate and procurement of specialty contractors or movers for delivery, installations, and/or connections not covered by the FF&E vendors.
- Coordinate all FF&E deliveries, path of travel and parking with PMs, CPDs, contractors, Facility Directors, Sheriff, and BUGs if applicable. Work closely with Asset Management Team to coordinate all asset tagging of new FF&E and disposition of surplus FF&E prior to demolition/renovation of existing buildings.
- Arrange for the unlocking and re-securing of all areas requiring access by furniture installers and movers during the Pre-Move, Move, Installation and Post Move/Close-Out Phases.
- Coordinate the transfer of FF&E Keys and keying plans to campus facilities upon occupancy.
- Maintain all FF&E, move management, moving and storage related documents, including proposals, purchase orders, packing slips, timecards, shipping documents, freight bills, and invoices and submit to the CPD in written form.
- Coordinate the project close out efforts for the FF&E and Move services portion of the project.
- Provide project status reports and other information as requested to Manager of Relocation Project Management team.
- Provides technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and College staff
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Manages contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
- Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc..
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc..)
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
- Prepare Scope of Work documents for solicitation of consultant and contractor services.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Ability to read architectural and furniture drawings.
- Knowledge of furniture and equipment specifications and procurement.
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Flexibility in schedule and transportation to work at multiple locations based on assigned schedule.
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Construction/Project Management, Planning, Facilities Management, Engineering or related area required.
- CID, IIDA, AIA, IFMA, LEED Membership or Certification preferred.
Roebbelen Contracting, founded in 1959 is an award winning construction company dedicated to providing clients with the highest level of dedication, project delivery, and quality service. Our extensive resume of experience includes construction, construction management, design-build, lease-leaseback, and value analysis services for institutional, commercial, industrial, and public agency clients. The foundation of the organization is anchored in our dedicated team of professionals, all focused on client satisfaction, successful project delivery, and a commitment to relationships built on collaboration, trust, and confidence.
Roebbelen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org