Website Roebbelen Contracting, Inc.
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal-oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career.
Roebbelen currently is undergoing a surge of successful growth and seeks talented individuals like you, people that share our commitment to our clients and quality. We are currently looking for a Assistant Superintendent to join our Corporate Contracting Market Segment. The Assistant Superintendent will coordinate field operations for construction activities ensuring they are on time and within budget, schedule, cost, and project specifications, while also meeting the requirements for Roebbelen’s contract and client satisfaction. The Assistant Superintendent will enforce safety and quality control procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Superintendent, Project Manager and Project Engineer to regularly assess project progress, schedule, changes, and deliveries.
- Communicate issues, events, performance, and job progress daily to the Superintendent.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, and related performing entities.
- Manage and adhere to necessary timelines and performance for project controls, cost, and performance of trades, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with safety, inspection, QA/QC and related entities and protocols.
- Support and enforce safety programs.
- Provide management of project logistics and manpower utilization.
- Assist in managing and documenting all day-to-day job site activities including OSHA safety compliance.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with subcontractors.
- Responsible for coordination activities on trade, supplier, and delivery of material to project site(s).
- Ensure successful project closeout to secure final punch activities, guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for company and owner entities.
- Provide all services and objectives for the application of Roebbelen policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study.
- 3+ years of experience in field management of construction related projects as an Assistant Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management.
- 5+ years of experience in management of construction related projects as a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent
- Those without a bachelor’s degree should possess 8+ years of experience in construction, and demonstrable construction management experience as a Foreman or similar.
- OSHA 10/OSHA 30 and First Aid/CPR Certification are desired.
- Strong technical and field knowledge of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, means/techniques, materials, applications, and practices.
- Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Applied experience in the areas of project safety, contractor performance and management of trade/personnel interaction in field construction settings.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related systems such as Procore, Bluebeam, and Primavera P6.
- Ability to represent Roebbelen and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations.
Position performance will require the regular physical ability to climb and function in elevation changes by means of self-propulsion to include ladders, scaffolding, and hoist systems. Ability to negotiate construction work areas in a safe manner and behavior. Vision abilities specific to the position will include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Performing in this role will require the use of hands to finger, handle and feel tools, objects, materials, and controls. Performance requires the frequent ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an on-site construction environment where they may be exposed to moving mechanical components and equipment, high and sub grade places, fumes and/or airborne particles, weather conditions, and electrical systems. The noise of the environments is often moderate to very loud.
Roebbelen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com