Website Roebbelen Contracting, Inc.
Roebbelen Contracting, Inc. is an award-winning, self-performing general contractor and construction manager making an impact on the community since 1959. We are looking for a strategic, driven, and self-motivated Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our executive team. Working closely with all members of the executive team and senior leadership, this position will be integral from both an operational and strategic perspective in helping lead the company into the future.
The CFO will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. Successful candidates for this role will be able to bring a passion for market analysis supported by a well-rounded risk, project management, and construction accounting technical background.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 18, 2021.
Strategy & Planning
- Contribute to strategic and business planning, setting financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Advise owners on capitalization strategies and assist in managing the balance sheet to optimize working capital and liquidity.
- Advise leadership teams on the financial implications and risks related to business issues.
- Participate as a trusted advisor across the senior leadership team; provide timely and accurate analysis, as well as relevant peer information to ensure the Company’s competitive position.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, & Forecasting
- Responsible for ensuring the Company’s sustained financial integrity; including compliance with internal controls over financial reporting, intercompany transactions, and other corporate compliance/governance requirements.
- Ensure all business units and department leaders have sufficient financial reporting to successfully manage operational budgets.
- Direct the negotiation of any credit agreements; ensure liquidity and compliance with all lending arrangements and debt covenants.
- Interact with external auditors to ensure compliance with fiscal and legal requirements.
- Interact with external tax advisors for Corporate and personal tax planning on behalf of shareholders.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, & Operations
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Oversee the month-end close process.
- Review all formal accounting procedures, processes, and administration.
- Provide oversight for all accounting services including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial and tax reporting for corporate and regulatory reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance. An MBA or a CPA certification is preferred.
- Strong record of experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles (US GAAP and CAS).
- Ten or more years of experience in a senior financial management position in a project-based professional services company.
- Solid leadership track record demonstrated by ability to attract and retain key talent and build a service-oriented mindset across the finance team.
- Expertise in commercial construction accounting and controls, construction law, and construction insurance.
- Experience working with external auditors, tax professionals, and compliance-related issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate structures, pass-through entities, and individual tax.
- Experience with captive insurance plans and best-in-class ERP systems.
- An intellectually curious thought leader, who understands structured finance, best practices, and risk management.
- A senior financial executive with the maturity to serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive management team.
- Possess the highest level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to build and foster relationships and resolve conflict, as needed.
At Roebbelen, we are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. We highly prioritize the recruitment, retention, and development of diverse talent. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, military and veteran status, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation or alternative methods for application, please reach out to Roebbelen HR directly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com