Website Roebbelen Contracting, Inc.
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career.
Roebbelen currently has an opportunity for a talented individual to be part of the continued strategic growth of our organization. The position of Construction Manager – (Owner’s Representative) will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality project delivery. This individual will have the opportunity to join our Southern California team in providing planning, coordination, direction and execution of construction project activities to ensure they provide the value and goals established by the client and project team, and perform to Roebbelen’s standards and contract requirements. May supervise, direct, oversee or lead field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers, Craft/Trade labor activities, and/or Project/Construction Managers.
- Ideally candidates should possess 12 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $20M.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for
- Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied with
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all
- Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of
- State Architects (DSA) and project financial close
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study preferred.
Roebbelen Contracting, Inc. was founded by Hans Roebbelen in 1959 in Sacramento, California. Reorganized and incorporated in 1997, Roebbelen is an award-winning construction corporation dedicated to satisfying the needs and requirements of every client while delivering the very best construction services on every project we build. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build, lease-leaseback and value analysis services for primarily institutional, commercial, industrial and public works projects.
Roebbelen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Roebbelen are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org