Website Roebbelen Contracting
Job Title: Senior Safety Specialist or Safety Manager
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA and various construction job sites
Job Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal-oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career. We are currently seeking a Senior Safety Specialist to work primarily at our El Dorado Hills corporate headquarters. There will also be regular travel to various construction job sites.
The Senior Safety Specialist is the company’s ambassador for our safety culture. Roebbelen prides itself on going above and beyond to provide a safe work environment for all. Our motto is “Your Family Needs You” and the Senior Safety Specialist must inspire this mindset. This role reports to the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Risk Management and Safety, or assigned leadership.
As the Senior Safety Specialist, you will provide planning, coordination, direction, and execution for company-wide safety initiatives, policies, and programs. You must maintain regular involvement in defining, developing, and implementing safety standards, compliance requirements, record keeping, and safety performance. You will engage in problem-solving, and ensure industry and company/compliance safety standards are in place and functioning. Finally, you will demonstrate knowledge of, and ensure Roebbelen maintains Federal OSHA, State CAL-OSHA, local and project required safety compliance. You will regularly interact with corporate employees, field teams, trade partners, project-based teams, subcontractors, and client entities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of providing construction safety management on corporate, institutional, commercial, and public agency projects and operations.
- Implement and maintain the safety program to ensure all work is performed in accordance with corporate, Federal, and State EHS requirements.
- Educate and train employees on health and safety initiatives including certifications, compliance requirements, safe work practices, and environmental/health/safety issues, and specialized training.
- Ensure the effective communication of policy and safety standards to employees, contract entities, and the public impacted by Roebbelen operations.
- Work closely with company leadership, field operations, subcontractors, and client entities on solutions and resources to ensure safe work environments.
- Provides project site review and assessment. Develops and prepares reports and maintains project assessments, and company documentation of records and requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in regulatory agency inspections and observations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- May provide investigative procedures for workplace inquiries, incidents, and injuries as determined.
- Develops and maintains safety tracking and metrics to monitors and address safety concerns, deficiencies, or trending.
- Maintains a list of hazardous/regulated chemicals and associated safety data sheets and equipment manufacturer’s reports as required. Maintains a corporate SDS and manufacturer’s documentation for the field, yard, and corporate operations.
- Regularly works with diverse groups, across multiple levels of the organization in a collaborative and cooperative manner.
- Ensures compliance and maintains understanding to uphold Roebbelen quality standards and operating procedures including the IIPP and Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Four-year college baccalaureate–level degree with an emphasis on Safety, Risk or Environmental Health, and safety, plus 5+ years of experience in leading and managing safety initiatives within construction, engineering, or equivalent environment.
- Or, non-degree holders must possess 7+ years of leading and managing safety initiatives in construction, engineering, or equivalent environment.
- Must possess knowledge and application of construction environment, construction means/methods, applications, and practices. Familiarity with construction materials and equipment is required.
- Registration as an Associate Safety Professional (ASP), and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or OSHA 30 Trainer is a plus.
- Experience creating safety policies, training materials, and other safety-related communications is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups and professional personal interaction in field and professional settings is required.
- Applied experience in the areas of environmental health and safety, risk, construction safety. and compliance is required
- Strong organization, communication, writing, and computer skills are essential. Preferred experience with MS Office Suite and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to job sites to visit/audit safety practices and provide training.
- Experience with accident/incident/injury investigation and reporting is required.
- Ability to represent Roebbelen and client entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company quality, policies, procedures, and compliance with all applicable contracts, laws, and regulations.
Position performance will require the regular physical ability to climb and function in elevation changes by means of self-propulsion to include ladders, scaffolding, and hoist systems. Ability to negotiate construction work areas in a safe manner and behavior. Vision abilities specific to the position will include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Performing in this role will require the use of hands to finger, handle and feel tools, objects, materials, and controls. Performance requires the frequent ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an on-site construction environment where they may be exposed to moving mechanical components and equipment, high and subgrade places, fumes and/or airborne particles, weather conditions, and electrical systems. The noise of the environment is often moderate to very loud.
Roebbelen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org