Website Roebbelen Contracting, Inc.
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career.
Roebbelen currently has an opportunity for a talented individual to be part of the continued strategic growth of our organization. The position of Senior Design Manager will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality project delivery.
- Ideally candidates should possess 14+ years of professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that includes the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities with 4 years of this experience in the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
- Manages multiple projects with particular emphasis on seismic, critical repair and retrofit projects.
- Manages and supervises a team of design professionals and other professionals through the design review process.
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the design process for the A&E services to ensure that design plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects.
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with standards and guidelines by working with design professionals and various administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for each project.
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project.
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted; ensure that budget amount is appropriate and acceptable in meeting the functional needs of the client, the local community, and the environment.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or related Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Roebbelen Contracting, Inc. was founded by Hans Roebbelen in 1959 in Sacramento, California. Reorganized and incorporated in 1997, Roebbelen is an award-winning construction corporation dedicated to satisfying the needs and requirements of every client while delivering the very best construction services on every project we build. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build, lease-leaseback and value analysis services for primarily institutional, commercial, industrial and public works projects.
Roebbelen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@roebbelen.com