Website Roebbelen Contracting
Location: Sacramento, CA
Market Segment: Public Works
Roebbelen Contracting, Inc. is an award-winning, self-performing general contractor and construction manager making an impact on the community since 1959. We are currently looking for a Superintendent to join our Public Works market segment. The Superintendent will provide the planning, coordination, direction, and execution for construction project activities to ensure they are on time, within budget, schedule, cost, and project performance to ensure the requirements for the contract. They will also maintain construction oversight, project performance, and construction timelines. This role supervises direct craft/trade labor and other assigned reports.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction means, methods and materials, and related performance in application, coordination, and resources.
- Required knowledge of construction contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure compliance to project and contract requirements.
- Obtain, maintain, and manage information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project-related entities.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, and related performing entities.
- Manage and adhere to necessary timelines and performance for project controls, cost, and performance of trades, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with safety, inspection, QA/QC and related entities and protocols.
- Lead in project meetings to include updates, documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
- Provide management of project logistics and manpower utilization.
- Responsible for coordination activities on trade, supplier, and delivery of material to project site(s).
- Ensure successful project closeout to secure final punch activities, guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for company and owner entities.
- Provide all services and objectives for the application of Roebbelen policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years of experience in managing construction field activities as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or related role
- Experience managing Public Works construction projects
- Applied knowledge of the hard-bid delivery method and how such projects are built
- Applied experience in the areas of project safety, contractor performance, and management of trade/personnel interaction in field construction settings
- Strong technical and field knowledge of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, means/techniques, materials, applications, and practices.
- Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related systems such as Procore and Primavera P6.
- OSHA 10/30 certification
- Ability to represent Roebbelen and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
At Roebbelen, we are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. We highly prioritize the recruitment, retention, and development of diverse talent. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, military and veteran status, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation or alternative methods for application, please reach out to Roebbelen HR directly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org