Website Roebbelen Contracting
Quality Construction since 1959
Position Title: Preconstruction Manager (MEP)
Reports to: Vice President of Preconstruction Services
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal-oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career. We are currently seeking a Preconstruction Manager to support Roebbelen construction projects. These projects will primarily be in the Agency Construction Management and Negotiated Education market segments. As Preconstruction Manager, you must be versatile and flexible to support all market segments, as needed.
You will perform constructability reviews to ensure accurate project specifications and drawings, especially how various disciplines interface like grading, utilities, existing conditions, structural concrete, structural steel, and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) components. You will verify architectural details and material schedules are complete and align with specifications. You will review and prepare preconstruction services to ensure they are meeting budget, schedule, cost, and project performance. The position of the Preconstruction Manager will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions and ensure quality project delivery on both public and private entity projects.
- Perform constructability reviews to ensure accurate project specifications and drawings, especially how various disciplines interface such as grading, utilities, structural steel, and structural concrete, existing conditions, as well as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) components.
- Verifies architectural details and material schedules are complete and align with specifications.
- Responsible for accuracy, integrity, and completion of estimates at a variety of phases to include but not be limited to design, conceptual, preconstruction, procurement, and construction phases.
- Reviews and analyzes drawings, prints, specifications, schematics, contracts, RFPs/RFQs, and other construction documents for estimate-related activities. Provided responses to estimate needs, as necessary.
- Review construction documents for value engineering.
- Responsible for the overall development and preparation of estimates for the pursuit and acquisition of work.
- Create realistic and detailed schedules for all design, approval, estimating, and purchasing activities.
- Participate in site logistics planning and phasing of construction work activities, to sequence the work in the most efficient way possible.
- Will maintain supplier, subcontractor, contractor relationships to allow competitive bidding, sharing of information, and resources.
- Participates in the preparation of construction schedules, requests for information, project utilization plans, and general conditions and specifications.
- Obtain, maintain, and manage data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between the owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project-related entities.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities to the specifications or conditions of the estimate.
- Assist with, analyze, and evaluate proposals from contractors, subcontractors, and other entities.
- Participate in project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
- Ensure contractor, architect, engineer, and provider contractual requirements on area estimates, cost specifications, and valuations. Participate in negotiations when applicable and necessary.
- Support business development activities for pursuits, proposals, submittals, and resources for cost and performance.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Four-year college baccalaureate–level degree with an emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study. 8+ years of experience in preconstruction, construction management, or related area.
- Non-degree holders must possess a High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years of experience in preconstruction, construction management, or related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in performing constructability reviews related to mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), utilities, grading, existing conditions, structural steel, and structural concrete.
- Previous project experience related to education (K-12 or Higher Education), healthcare, or construction management services. Versatile project experience is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with others well.
- Registration as Architect, Engineer, and/or GC license is a plus.
- Must possess knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices.
- Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, Blue Beam, and experience with cost and project-related systems. Advanced capability in programs for take-off and quantities is necessary.
- Ability to represent Roebbelen and client entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company quality, policies, procedures, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Position performance will require the occasional physical ability to climb and function in elevation changes by means of self-propulsion to include ladders, scaffolding, and hoist systems. Ability to negotiate construction work areas in a safe manner and behavior. Vision abilities specific to the position will include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Performing in this role will require the use of hands to finger, handle and feel tools, objects, materials, and controls. Performance requires the frequent ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an office and occasionally in an on-site construction environment where they may be exposed to moving mechanical components and equipment, high and subgrade places, fumes and/or airborne particles, weather conditions, and electrical systems. The noise of the environment is often moderate to very loud.
Roebbelen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org