Website Roebbelen Contracting
Quality Construction since 1959
Position Title: Preconstruction Manager (MEP)
Reports to: Vice President of Preconstruction Services
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Roebbelen is comprised of talented professionals like you. They are intuitive, goal-oriented, and think progressively while working in a variety of roles to provide the highest level of client satisfaction. At Roebbelen, it is our unique culture that fosters growth, communication, and teamwork. It is this mindset of success coupled with our opportunities that will help develop and define your career.
We are currently seeking an MEP Preconstruction Manager to support Roebbelen construction projects. You will perform constructability reviews to ensure accurate project specifications and drawings, especially how various disciplines interface like grading, utilities, existing conditions, structural concrete, structural steel, and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) components. You will verify architectural details and material schedules are complete and align with specifications. The position of the MEP Preconstruction Manager will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions and ensure quality project delivery on all projects.
- Perform constructability reviews to ensure accurate project specifications and drawings, especially how various disciplines interface with one another
- Participate in site logistics planning and phasing of construction work activities, to sequence the work in the most efficient way possible
- Responsible for accuracy, integrity, and completion of estimates at a variety of phases to include but not be limited to design, conceptual, preconstruction, procurement, and construction phases
- Reviews and analyzes drawings, prints, specifications, schematics, contracts, RFPs/RFQs, and other construction documents for estimate-related activities. Provide responses to estimate needs, as necessary
- Review construction documents for value engineering
- Responsible for the overall development and preparation of estimates for the pursuit and acquisition of work
- Create realistic and detailed schedules for all design, approval, estimating, and purchasing activities
- Will maintain supplier, subcontractor, contractor relationships to allow competitive bidding, sharing of information, and resources
- Participates in the preparation of construction schedules, requests for information, project utilization plans, and general conditions and specifications
- Obtain, maintain, and manage data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between the owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project-related entities
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities to the specifications or conditions of the estimate
- Assist with, analyze, and evaluate proposals from contractors, subcontractors, and other entities
- Ensure contractor, architect, engineer, and provider contractual requirements on area estimates, cost specifications, and valuations. Participate in negotiations, as needed
- Support business development activities for pursuits, proposals, submittals, and resources for cost and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or similar area of study
- 8+ years of experience in preconstruction, construction management, or related area
- Non-degree holders must possess a High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years of experience in preconstruction, construction management, or related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in performing constructability reviews related to the mechanical, electrical, & plumbing (MEP) discipline
- Previous project experience related to education (K-12 or Higher Education), healthcare, or construction management services
- Must possess knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices.
- Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, Blue Beam, and experience with cost and project-related systems. Advanced capability in programs for take-off and quantities is necessary.
- Ability to represent Roebbelen and client entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company quality, policies, procedures, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
At Roebbelen, we are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging. We highly prioritize the recruitment, retention, and development of diverse talent. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, military and veteran status, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation or alternative methods for application, please reach out to Roebbelen HR directly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com